So you want to be an umpire?
What you need to do is:
- Buy a rule book and read it – usually available from any Netball Association (from their main desk e.g. Downey Park / QC desk) and costs around $13.
- Let any QC umpire coach (Marie, Lynn, Cathy, Emmaleigh, Rachel, Samone) know you are interested in umpiring.
- Complete your Level 1 umpire course – online from January 2015.
- Complete your online Level 1 umpire exam and achieve at least 70% – you can do the open-book exam as many times as needed.
- Make yourself available to umpire games (either during Summer Night Season on Wednesday evening or Winter Day Season on Saturday) and willing to receive umpire coaching.
- Provide a copy of your certificates from #3 and #4 above to a QC umpire coach – these are proof you have completed your pre-requisites in preparation for National umpire badge testing.
Once you have attended all 6 points above, you are on your way toward a National umpire badge! It is up to you to get busy.
Links to other Umpiring Websites:
Netball Qld: http://qld.netball.com.au/get-involved-2/umpires/
Netball Australia: http://netball.com.au/get-involved/umpiring/
Congratulations to the following umpires for receiving their badges:
Congratulations to the following umpires for being awarded their badges during the 2015-2016 QCNA Summer Season:
Tiegan Marsden – National C Badge